Frequently Asked Questions
- How long will the raise, restump & associated works generally take?
For a full raise and restump (including concrete slab, plumbing, electrical, front and rear stairs) will take approximately 4 - 5 weeks.
A straight raise and restump will take approximately 7 – 8 working days.
- How long wil I be out of my house for?
For a full raise and restump we advise the clients that they will require to vacate the house for approximately 4 weeks.
- Can the works be staged (i.e. raise the house this year and build-in the future)?
Yes. Some people choose to stage the works (i.e. raise this year, enclose the house next year).
- Will there be power and water stay connected to my house for the process?
Plumbing will be disconnected from the house, however in most cases the electrical will remain connected.
- Can BT Builders Qld organise plans and engineering?
Yes, BT Builders Qld engages with a local draftsman who will work with you on designing the layout of the renovation. BT Builders Qld also work closely with a number of local engineers who will design the footing and slab works on your behalf.
- Can BT Builders Qld organise council applications and approvals?
Yes, BT Builders Qld can organise all building approvals on your behalf.
- How long are building approved plans valid for?
- How long does it usually take to organise plans and council?
Generally between 4 – 8 weeks from when the contract is signed.